This checklist is only a guide to ensure you submit all the required items. Complete information can be found on our website.
- Application - Complete and submit the electronic portion of your application. Do not submit the electronic application in paper form.
- Eligibility - Submit proof that you are a military spouse and that your spouse is stationed in Alaska.
- Authorization and Release Form - must be signed, notarized, and may be mailed. Once you have submitted your application electronically, you may also upload the signed and notarized Authorization and Release form by clicking on the "Upload New Document" button located in the bottom right corner of your user home page.
- Photo Submission Form - must include TWO passport sized (2x2) photos; must be mailed to Bar.
- Fingerprints - One properly executed Standard Applicant Fingerprint Card; must be mailed to Bar.
Request the following to be sent directly to the Alaska Bar Association.
It is YOUR responsibility to arrange to have the following items mailed directly to the Alaska Bar Association from each respective authority. Our physical and mailing addresses can be found in the Contact Us link on our website.
- Original certificate of graduation from law school; the certificate must contain:
- Your name
- The name of the law school
- Graduation date
- Degree received
- The school's seal
- Certificate of Good Standing from each state or D.C., to which you have been admitted.
- Disciplinary history from each State Bar to which you are admitted.
- MPRE score of 80 or higher from NCBE must be submitted prior to admission.