This checklist is only a guide to ensure you submit all the required items. Complete information can be found on our website.
- Application - Complete and submit the electronic portion of your application. Do not submit the electronic application in paper form.
- Filing Fee - Payment of admission fees can be made by credit card or via PayPal. If you need to set up a PayPal account, you can do that by clicking here.
- Authorization and Release Form - must be signed, notarized and may be mailed. Once you have submitted your application electronically, you may also upload the signed and notarized Authorization and Release form by clicking on the "Upload New Document" button located in the bottom right corner of your user home page..
- Photo Submission Form - must include TWO passport sized (2x2) photos; must be mailed to Bar.
- Fingerprints - One properly executed Standard Applicant Fingerprint Card; must be mailed to Bar.
Request the following to be sent directly to the Alaska Bar Association from the authority:
It is YOUR responsibility to arrange to have the following items mailed directly to the Alaska Bar Association from each respective authority. Our email and mailing address can be found in the Contact Us link on our website.
Supplemental Application Materials
- Applicants with a military history must submit a Standard Form 180.
Resident aliens must submit with their application an appropriate affidavit specifying sufficient facts to enable the Alaska Bar to verify his or her status with the Immigration & Naturalization Service.
The affidavit should contain the following:
- A statement that the individual is swearing under oath to the truthfulness of the information contained in the affidavit and any attachments.
- The information being sworn to
- And an attestation of a notary public or other official authorized to administer oaths.