Additional Admissions Requirements
Requirements for Admission to Practice - Alaska Bar Rule 5(a):
1. Pass the Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (MPRE) with a scaled score of 80 or higher at an exam taken not more than eight years prior to your application for admission;
2. Attend a course on attorney ethics as prescribed by the Board. Applicants will be notified when group viewings of the mandatory ethics course DVD are scheduled at the Bar office in Anchorage. Contact the Bar office if you cannot attend a group viewing.
5. Pay pro-rated active membership fees for that portion of the calendar year remaining at time of admission;
6. Complete the registration paperwork; and
7. Swear to the Oath of Attorney prescribed in Alaska Bar Rule 5, Section 3.
Once eligible for admission, an attorney applicant must be sworn in within sixty (60) days or be deemed to have abandoned his or her application.